As refugees from South Sudan flood into northern Uganda, and Uganda and the international aid community struggle to deal with the challenges of this number of displaced people, CTEN Uganda intends to continue working for improved, responsive, and community-inclusive aid coordination that includes and elevates the voices of refugees while empowering refugees for a better future. Our vision is a healthy, informed, and peaceful community and our mission is to provide comprehensive information and communication technology services to empower and transform communities to become productive citizens.
Our future goals include:
- Development of community centers focused on ICT and education (Refugee Information Centers) in each of the refugee camps in the West Nile Region of northern Uganda
- Increased partnerships with organizations from all over the world in interventions that enable increased opportunities for South Sudanese refugees in northern Uganda
- Collaboration with the international aid community toward increasingly well-coordinated and technology-facilitated aid provision meeting the challenges of the current influx of refugees in northern Uganda
- Continued and expanded programming enabling peace-building and psychosocial support – giving refugees a foundation for mental health and forums to have a voice and partnership in shaping their communities
- Amplifying the voices of refugees and raising awareness regarding and dedication to the experiences and needs of refugees, across the world
- Exploring and sharing about our refugee-driven, ICT-driven model of community development and humanitarian aid collaboration as a possible method for refugee communities and their hosts around the world